What we do
We can help you with advice and legal representation. We will help you work through your legal issues and problems with as little stress as possible.
We will provide you with clear, easy to understand advice and will explain legal concepts using plain English. We want to help make the law accessible to all our clients.
We also offer a mediation service. Mediation is often an effective and efficient way to resolve disputes. It can also provide participants with a more cost effective and amicable outcome than traditional court based litigation.
We offer advice and representation in the following areas:
· Criminal law, including all police matters
· Traffic matters, including driving with drugs present
· Family law, including parenting and property cases
· Care and protection matters involving FACS (DoCs)
· Conveyancing and land law
· Wills, powers of attorney and guardianship
· Probate and letters of administration applications
· Family provision cases
We represent clients at
· Lismore, Ballina, Byron Bay, Casino,
Kyogle, Murwillumbah, Tweed Heads
and Mullumbimby Local Court;
· Lismore and Ballina Children’s Court;
· Lismore District Court;
· Lismore and Brisbane Federal Circuit Court and Family Court
· New South Wales Supreme Court
Our fees for legal work and mediation are reasonable. To provide our clients with certainty and transparency, we offer fixed fees where possible.
We accept work for Legal Aid.
We do not practice in civil law areas such as personal injury, motor vehicle accidents and workers’ compensation.
We do not practice in private AVO applications.
Although our main focus is always on achieving the best outcomes for our clients, we have a particular interest in cases that may present opportunities for law reform, particularly in the area of drug policy and policing.